Wednesday 1 January 2014

New Year, new stylings, old enemies


The third of my first three forays into the world of rap lyrics. The subject matter is one I like to explore, and it's recorded here.

Social surgery

I watched a John Cooper Clarke documentary,
it filled me with something incendiary,
an urge to rip the piss with wit and verbosity,
fight back with words at any animosity
that comes my way from fascists, trolls and haters,
Hitler-lickers and keyboard-masturbators,
it rolls off me like I’ve got a duck’s back,
armoured against it like a jacket of flak.

I was fifteen, and watching the news,
hippies being beaten like Kristallnacht and Jews,
I asked ‘Why? They’re just travelling and staying
at Stonehenge for a summer solstice lay-in,’
I was told ‘They’re not meant to be there’
but that’s no fucking answer, doesn’t anybody care,
now I know it as the Beanfield Battle
and the moment that I realised we’re treated just like cattle.

So Thatcher’s ghost, you made me what I am,
a thinker and a writer seeing through your money scam,
there’s no justice at the end of a baton,
or stealing from the poor and their benefits to fatten
up the rich, already too wealthy
while the 99% get National Unhealthy,
so tax like Tobin and maximum wage,
no more Tory viral parasite bacteriophage.

They might watch me down their fibreoptic cables,
tagged ‘domestic extremist’ or some other pointless label,
but it’s the business-suits you really need to watch,
they’ve got the same school-tie as your chief-inspector-cops,
Earth-rapists, exploiters and leeches,
seeing their selfish, greedy faces teaches
us dissent, to resist should be the default,
ignore the bread and circuses, don’t let yourself be bought

off by promises of better,
they’ll take all that you are and turn you into debtors,
then blame it on the unemployed and migrants,
keep the questioners down with state-sponsored violence,
and no liberty, so take action whatever,
together we are strong, shelter each other like umbrellas,
from whatever’s rained down by warmongers and bankers
then occupy and cut them out like cankers.


No comments:

Post a Comment